Tuesday 20 March 2012

Once upon a time ….
The beginning of the BLOG appropriately starts at the beginning of Just Ink. This story is the recollection of Tony Pattison who opened the first Just Ink.

When Just Ink first opened on January 1st, 2000 in Kelowna it was an in-home business and things were pretty slow.  About 3 months in I had a phone call from the local newspaper asking for details about the business.  I told them it was a recycling business - primarily refilling computer ink cartridges. They asked if they could do an article about the business, and of course I accepted and asked when, they replied “right now”!  This was on a Monday morning and 20 minutes later a reporter and photographer arrived on my doorstep.  They interviewed me and took some photos of me in action - filling cartridges in my basement workshop.

When Wednesday morning arrived the phone rang nonstop and there was one doorbell ring after another...I wondered what on earth was going on. At last business seemed to be picking up and so I asked one customer where he had heard of me. The morning newspaper had featured a full page article with photos and a detailed account of my new recycling business.  From that day on business grew and boomed, so much so that within 6 months I had to find a storefront location in order to handle all the activity and parking.  Now, 12 years and 3 stores later, business is still great.

Just Ink Founder
Tony Pattison - currently retired and enjoying the "Sweet Life"
Oliver Pattison

2 comments:

  1. hey! great story! I know this guy... well I know both of them actually :) love the surfer pic! great work on the business guys - I love this place! anything that saves the environment and helps my business - at great prices? has my vote for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! I forgot to say... the new cartridges are working wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete